Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Inspiration: challenge # 3

Thursday, February 15, 2007

challenge # 3

The Purse Book:
We have decided to take a template that is usually connected with something twee and a bit fuddy=duddy and create something funky -
The purse book.
This is such a quick and easy thing to make - its perfect for an alternate to a birthday card, it even holds loose coins when closed without them falling out! (not sure if it would last a night out clubbing though....so you disco divas stick to your glitterbags!)
If you put inserts inside you can write poems, sayings, and words of love for a mini present for the ones you love.
We decided to create them in funky paper - adding ribbon and blooms to suit.
All you will have to do is click here for template A and here for template B.

You will need to resize these templates - template A needs to be the length of an A4 page to create the size we have done, and template B needs to be around just over half an A4 page in length.
As usual we have provided the slide show for your own ease - all you have to do is,

a: Cut template A out of your patterned paper - if you have double sided, this works really really well.
b:Score your lines ready for the inside of the purse.
c: Take your contrasting sheet of card and using the template as a guide, score the lines.
d: Fold corner to corner, and repeat for the other corner
e: Pinch in both sides.
f: Pinch in all four corners
g: Fold flat. (see slide show)
h: Attach the folded inserts into inside of purse covers. front and back.
i: Decorate to taste.
j: If using one of the kits from scrappyfairy - you will now be able to use your magnet fastner to the purse. if not - using something like sticky velcro works.
k: Using the square template for measurements - you can now cut 4 inserts from the rest of the patterned paper - how good is that!!! Decorate with slushy words of love and send!
Scrappyfairy is currently selling kits for these purse books here:
the Slide:




Mine and Kimmy's take on the challenge:







8 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Oooh, that was fun! Come see me blog for a nosey at my effort! Thanks fairies for another fab idea!
Lori x

12:06 PM  
Blogger scrapdolly said...

Thank you so much for this. I loved making it and can see them becoming addictive.
I have uploaded it all to my blog here
http://dollysdreamings.typepad.com/dollys_dreamings/

5:45 AM  
Blogger Sally said...

I LOVE this challenge! I'm not using my blog at the moment but I've uploaded it to the Scrapitude Gallery (can't get the link to work) and Here: http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=108559&cat=500&ppuser=10178

Fab work, great instructions, thanks guys!
Sallyxxxxx

12:48 PM  
Blogger Eleni Gratsia said...

I absolutely loved this month's purse bag ... you can view it now on my blog: http://egratsia.blogspot.com/ I gave it to a friend as a glorified thank you card ... I also made another french fries box!!! LOL Now I can't wait for next month!

5:31 AM  
Blogger Tracie H said...

After a rather yucky morning I settled down to a lil old crafting and have made a couple of these fab purses.....thanks for the inspiration.
They are on my blog if you wanna peep.
T.x.

6:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow so glad I found your blog... I will have to try this idea, it looks great.

4:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I did it... I love your purse bag challenge... so I made two... one with a twist lol.
I have put them on my blog if you would like to see them.
http://craftsbychrissy.blogspot.com

Thanks again for the fab idea.

Will come back and try some more
chris x

2:04 PM  
Blogger Chelle said...

Hey girls, please email me at cropalatte2007@cs.com I would like to invite you to do an online class if you are interested.

Chelle

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Traffic Tracking
Gevalia Coffee
Crafty Blogs